Monday 24 October 2011

Rimmel london: 3 for 2!


Last week I popped in to one of my fave drug stores Boots, there was nothing in particular that I needed or couldn’t live with out, and I went in there to have a bit of a splurge to be honest with you. I find buying any sort of makeup or toiletries so therapeutic more so than buying clothes or shoes etc. I seriously cant help but jump for joy when I see all the makeup counters and everything displayed so perfectly with pretty colours and packaging (does anyone else feel this way). There’s nothing quite like swatching all the testers on your hand and thinking how that is going to work for you. My poor hands always end up looking like a clown when they leave.
I noticed that Rimmel had a 3 for 2 promotion on all its products and I always love a good deal :) in the past I’ve found that I’ve have had a bit of a love hate relationship with this brand, so much so that i cant even remember the last Rimmel product I had bought. But seeing as the new Kate Moss lipstick was on show and I had seen it advertised all over T.V and magazines I thought I would take Boots up on this offer.
So what did I get I bet your all wondering well, I decided to go for the lipstick in the new Kate Collection and a mascara from the Brit Collection. I wasn’t too sure what to get as my freebie in the deal and know that I was in desperate need of a new nude lippie, and as it’s so near to the festive season i cant afford the luxuries of Mac :(. So I chose one from the moisture renew range and here is what I thought of my purchases...

(Left to Right: Kate Moss Lipstick in shade No 08, Moisture Renew Lipstick in
700 Nude Delight. Bottom: Extra Wow Lash in Black)






(sorry about the funny wash in pictures *see below)




So after having tested these products after a week I have to say that I was impressed with what I had bought, especially the Kate lipstick. When buying it, it was the packaging that really drew me in as it was really sleek for a Rimmel lippie. The one thing that is great about this product defiantly has to be the pigmentation and it had great staying power, just what you need in a product (very useful if you don’t have time to keep reapplying all day). However keeping your lips soft and smooth wasn’t so great with this, my lips kept feeling dry after about an hour of it being on which made me want to apply more. But for the price you really cant go wrong with this lipstick and I would recommend it to anyone, especially those just getting into makeup.

The other lipstick I bought which was the moisture renew one had the complete opposite effect, it was soft and creamy but its staying power was not the best, I do though love the colour and it’s a very natural looking nude but not one that washes you out and makes your lips look like a manikin. To spice things up a bit I decided to wear a clear lip-gloss over it some days which looked fabb!! And a great look for autumn.



(Topt: Kate Moss Lipstick in shade No 08,
Bottom: Moisture Renew Lipstick in 700 Nude Delight)



Lastly is the Rimmel London mascara I bought, the extra WOW one, and sadly to say it was not one that made me scream out wow :(. To be honest I didn’t have huge high hopes for this mascara so I can’t really be that disappointed with it. Rimmel mascaras are the whole reason why I have this love hate relationship with the brand as they don’t seam to do anything for me at all. I find that they just look very clumpy on my lashes. But there is hope as I have to say this is one of there better ones that I have tried out (there is hope :))

Rimmel describes this mascara as a lash building one and after a few coats it defiantly does the job giving your lashes a spidery effect which I do love, but I did find it went a little clumpy on me which is a shame seing it’s such an affordable price. My only other niggle with it was the wand. From the picture you can see that it has a spiral effect and gets a lot smaller at the tip for those lashes in hard to get places and it did do this, but I found the brush so scratchy on my eyes which I didn’t like., I want it want to glide though with ease with each coat. But it’s not the worse maraca you could get and I will continue to use this one up.





I would love to know if any of you have tried ant of these products recently or other Rimmel products you like, if you haven’t tried any do do do do go and get the Kate lipstick. I think it’s great! Check out Boots while they still have this 3 for 2 offer on, for the price you can't go wrong.


Love Danielle xoxo



* Really have no idea why some of the pictures are uploading a bit funny, I am still new to this and am trying to figure how to fix this. please bear with me, if any of you can help with this it would be a huge help



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig