Friday 11 November 2011

11/11/11 A day to Remember




(Picture taken from www.weheartit.com)



Hello to you all my lovelies! As you may guess this post has nothing to do with beauty or fashion but its a post which is equally important to me. As you all know its the 11/11/11 today (feels a tad strange writing all the 11's), a day to take time out and think of those lives which have been lost though war. There have been so many brave soldiers who we should not forget and be proud to wear our poppies with honour for them. I can't imagine what it is like for those who have lost a loved one and for those who many years ago witnessed and went though terrible times, but what I do know is that these people have given me and those around me for the lifestyle that I lead today and for them I thank from the bottom of my heart. 

Today my thoughts go out to a very special young man who was taken away from us a mere few days ago (9th November 2011), and although I do not know him on a personal level people who are close to me did. The few occasions I was able to see him i could see that he was a very down to earth and nice boy full of laughs who had a very special relationship with his mum. Today i wear my poppy for him Private Matthew James Sean Haseldin; a loving son, a soldier and a hero. 



Private Matthew James Sean Haseldin
Rest in Peace








In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larksstill bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

John McCrae, May 1915

Share:

1 comment

  1. This is so amazing! You are the only blogger who I have seen that has done this.

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig