Tuesday 7 February 2012

Review | Studio Secrets Professional Fibre Mascara Primer



Hello beauties. The other day I posed a Snow Queen makeup look that was inspired by the snow and I had a lot of comments not only about the makeup look itself but the mascara that I used to make my lashes look full and elongated.  So I thought I would share with you my secret!


When shopping for mascara I am generally not fussy and usually go with what’s on offer wherever I am shopping. Thankfully I have been blessed with fairly long lashes which is probably why I take on the attitude that any mascara will do. Although I do like my natural lashes I'm always wanting them to look full of volume and long. I find that they key to achieving this look with any mascara is to use a good lash primer as it will make a huge difference in the way your mascara is applied. 


I've always been a fan of a lash primer, some say it’s not necessary for part of a daily makeup routine and don't get me wrong I don't use it everyday. But for those days where you’re wanting a bit more va va voom lash primer is defiantly the way forward. My favourite currently has to be the Studio Secrets Professional Fibre Mascara Primer - False Lash Effect from L’Oreal (bit of a mouthful!) I have found it works the best and every time I have used it I've always gotten compliments. It retails for around the £10 mark and you can purchase it from Boots 

Some of you may think that this is a tad on the pricey side for a lash primer, but its a lot cheaper alternative to lash extensions and buying high end mascara. This product is also great if your not one for false eyelashes either but want that same effect. You could pair this lash primer with the cheapest of mascaras and still have the false lash effect.  

 Natural Lashes on their own
 Lashes with the primer 
 Lashes with Maybelline Colossal Volume Express-Cat Eyes Mascara | One coat applied 

As you can see from the pictures my lashes have lengthened and became a lot thinker, creating volume. I will be honest and say I am not a huge fan of the Maybelline Mascara in Cat Eyes. Without the primer I personally feel that it doesn't do much for my lashes and when I first took the product out of the packaging thought that the formula had dried up and that I had a faulty one. I now know that this is not the case; the other Maybelline Mascaras in the Colossal Volume Express range are good though, I think its just personal preference. I just don't sway towards this one as much. In the picture I've only used one coat of mascara, but if you were to apply two or three coats you would get an amazing false lash effect using the L'Oreal Lash Primer. 



Studio Secrets Professional Fibre Mascara Primer - False Lash Effect wand


Maybelline Colossal Volume Express-Cat Eyes Mascara and wand

The one thing I do love about the Maybelline mascara though has to be the wand; the curved shape of it makes it glide though your lashes expertly and is great for coating the lower lashes. 

I hope you enjoyed this review lovelies and I would love to know your thoughts and what lash primers you have tried as I am always looking out for new ones to try out. 



Share:

7 comments

  1. Great review, may have to try out a primer now! But like you I'm blessed with long lashes too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun, we are the lukcy ones lol. you should try one though and see the difference xx

      Delete
  2. i've never heard of the 'cat eyes' mascara- really cool xx

    My Blog: Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun, i think its ok but its not my fave but it might work great for you xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I love it thanks hun, i cant imagine life without it now i think its by far the best primer i have used xx

      Delete
  4. Great review and you have some fantastic lashes!!
    I love Maybelline The Falsies Mascara, you tried it??
    Maybelline mascaras are by far my favourite and Im always purchasing them because of their fantastic quality and price

    xox

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig