Sunday 22 September 2013

Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick - Neon Rose


I think it's fair to say that the majority of us beauty bloggers have a big weakness when it comes to lipstick- I know the sight of a pretty pink lipstick makes me go a little giddy and I have no shame in sharing with you all that I've added another one to my collection - The Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in the shade Neon Rose. I am a huge fan of Bourjois products, their chocolate bronzer and lovable pots of blush being a favourite of mine, but for some unknown reason I've always bypassed their lipstick range. But on a whim in Boots the other day I decided to pretty much swatch every lippie Bourjois had to offer and came home with this little beauty.

The Rouge Edition Lipstick is a highly pigmented lipstick that has been enriched with orchid blossom extract which makes it glide on to the lips with ease and give your lips a lovely glossy finish. As soon as you apply this lipstick you feel how it gives your lips a boost of hydration which is long lasting and makes your lips feel so smooth. The finish of this lipstick reminds me of the same finish of Mac's Lustre lipsticks, which is one of my favourites, so this lipstick gets a huge thumbs up from me. Normally highly pigmented lipsticks seam to have a matte finish, but the Rouge Edition lipsticks have great pigmentation which is pretty true to the colour that you see in the tube - And because it has a moisutising and glossy look to it, it gives your lips that wet look finish, creating the illusion of much fuller and plumper lips.


I decided to pick up shade 12 Neon Rose which is this gorgeous blue toned pink that has a bubblegum look to it. As soon as I popped this on to my lips it instantly reminded me of Mac's Chatterbox, which is another favourite of mine. Mac's Chatterbox is from the Amplified collection, which means it's long lasting and has a matte finish, so its great to find something that is pretty much the same shade, but has a glossy finish to it instead which I love. If you've been lusting after Chatterbox for some time then Neon Rose is a great dupe in terms of colour. 

Not only Neon Rose give your lips a gorgeous pop of colour, it also pretty long lasting, which I wasn't expecting due to the type of finish on it. I find that this lasts for a good 3 hours before it starts to fade and needs re-applying. Even when it does start to fade, it leaves more of a stain on your lips, whist still keeping your lips hydrated at the same time. I even love the packaging of this lipstick, the sleek black casing gives it an expensive feel and I love how you can see the product at the bottom, which makes it easy to find in your makeup bag.


Overall I'm really impressed with the Rouge Edition lipstick from Bourjois and with them having 18 different shades on offer I plan on adding a few more to my collection. I currently have my eye on 'Pretty Prune' a deep berry red (perfect for winter) and 'Orange Pop Up' a lovely coral orange shade. I picked mine up from Boots for £7.99. 

Have you tried any of the Rouge Edition Lipsticks? What shades are you loving?

Lots of Love


Share:

8 comments

  1. Gorgeous colour! I've never tried a Bourjois lipstick but I will have to after reading how lovely it is :)

    http://thebeautybow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful!

    Emily
    www.beautybyemily.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive picked up two of these shades, theyre great!

    Victoria | Victoria's Vanity Case

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW now that's an amazing color! We couldn't pull it off but are envious of anyone who can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These lipsticks are lovely :) this colour is great on you! I have Peche Cosy which is a light peach shade, I may have to go and have a look at the berry one you mentioned now.

    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a lovely and bright color! It looks great on you too!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg I have soooo been lusting over Bourjois products lately apart from the gel eyeliner which I personally thought was rather rubbish!
    Great post beaut and you're looking gorg as ever!

    Sarah x
    I have a blog sale too if you'd like to take a look. Http://ohhsoglam.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig