Monday 18 November 2013

My Haircare Routine


Throughout my two and a bit years of blogging, I'm sure your all aware and have guessed by now that I love hair products, especially trying and testing out new ones - And of course I love to review them all for you here on my blog. But I've never managed to get a 'My Haircare Routine' post up for you all and it has to be one of my most requested posts. Since I've been blogging I've had a lot of ups and downs with my hair! I'm one of these girls that love having long hair, however for a start getting it to grow has been a nightmare in itself and then there is the task of maintaining your long locks. For the longest of time my hair wouldn't grow past that 'boob length' stage, but with the right products and with the help of some fellow beauty bloggers my hair seams to be growing at quite a good pace. Not only does my hair seam to be growing a little bit more than what it used too, I also think its in the best condition that its ever been. So I thought it was about time I shared with you all my current haircare routine and what products I love to use on my hair. 


Shampoo & Conditioner 

For the longest time I only used shampoo and conditioner from Aussie, as much as I adore this brand I found that my hair was getting used to the same shampoo and conditioner. During the summer I thought it was about time I mixed things up a little with my haircare routine and branched out and tried other shampoo and conditioners. I always go back to Aussie from time to time, but right now I'm loving a few products when it comes to washing my hair. I've found though, for best results I'll never use the same shampoo and conditioner more than twice in a row. So if I use Aussie on one wash, the next time I'll use a different shampoo and conditioner. I'm also a big fan of TIGI and Bed Head Shampoo and conditioner, unfortunately I don't have any to hand right now as they are a little on the expensive side - But if you are willing to pay out a little more then the oatmeal and honey range is amazing!

Tresemme Platinum Strength Shampoo & Conditioner

I have absolutely been loving the shampoo and conditioner from Tresemme's Platinum Strength range. Since introducing it into my haircare routine a little while ago I've seen such a dramatic change in the way that my hair looks and feels. My hair feels noticeably different - its smoother and silkier to the touch and it generally feels a lot stronger. My hair used to be prone to snapping and breaking at the ends, but since using this duo I've found that I have a lot less breakage with my hair. If you would like to see my full review of these products you can read it here.

Hask Hair Argan Oil Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner*  

I've always been a fan of hair oils, they do nothing but amazing things for you hair so if you can find a shampoo and conditioner that contains any kind of hair oil, your going to see amazing benefits. Recently I've been loving this shampoo and conditioner from Hask Hair that has been infused with Argan Oil from Morocco. Not only does the shampoo and conditioner make my hair smell amazing with its gorgeous chocolate and orange scent, it also makes my hair super silky soft. I would definitely recommend adding a shampoo and conditioner with either Moroccan or macadamia oil into your weekly hair wash, even if you only use it once a week - it really does make such a fantastic difference to your hair and helps to restore and strengthen your locks. Not to mention your hair will be so shiny and glossy.



Leave-In Conditioners & Hair Masks 

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

When it comes to using a deep treatment leave in conditioner Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle has been a holy grail product of mine. I love using this in my hair as it just makes my hair really manageable  soft and shiny and it smells just incredible. Aussie have quite a for of the 3MM in their range for different hair types etc - I've tried them all and if you have long hair or are wanting to grow your hair then the 3MM from the Luscious Long range is fabulous and will do your locks the world of good. 

Hask Hair Argan Oil & Keratin Protein Deep Conditioners 

In order to have healthy hair in tip top condition, its really important to show it some love and treat it to a deep conditioning treatment once in a while. I try to do one every week or two weeks depending on how my hair feels. There are loads of great hair masks available but what you really want to look out for is ones that contain either Moroccan oil or keratin. Any hair mask that contains these products are going to be amazing for your hair and really help strengthen and hydrate your hair. Moroccan oil absorbs really quickly into your hair and will really help smooth out any damaged hair you may have. Whilst keratin is a protein which is naturally found in your own hair, so any hair product containing keratin is going to help repair and prevent damage to your hair. I absolutely love these deep conditioning masks from Hask hair as they really have made such a difference to my barnet and there not going to break the bank either - I highly recommend them.

Aussie Miracle Insurance Leave In Conditioner

No matter what hair products I use in the shower, I always find that my hair has a way of getting its self in a right tangled mess, especially right behind the back of my neck. Unfortunately I've found that the longer my hair gets, the more uncontrollable that these knots become. However Aussie's leave in conditioners are amazing for detangling your hair. Not only do they hydrate and protect your hair, but they make combing though wet or dry hair a dream. I'll always spay a little bit of this before my hair comes anywhere near a brush and I find that its great at detangling. For those of you wanting to get your hair long, I've found that brushing my hair the wrong way and full of knots have caused so much breakage and damage, so important to make the task of brushing your hair as gentle and as easy as possible.


Hair Oils

Moroccan Oil

Hair oils really have to be the best thing that I could recommend to use in your hair - the difference that they make really is incredible and simply amazing. My favourite hair oil has to be the infamous Moroccan Oil as its by far the best and seams to have the best results  Not only does it make your hair shiny and smell delightful but it has done a fantastic job at strengthening my hair. I honestly believe that my hair has grown quite considerably since using this. I know its a bit on the expensive side, but the amazing results from using this hair oil completely justifies its price tag.

 Hask Hair Argan Oil & Keratin Protein Oil

For those of you who don't want to fork out a lot for a hair oil or have never tried one - I really recommend trying out the Argan Oil or Keratin Protein Oil from Hask as they are super affordable and they are great products. Every time I've used these my hair feels ever so soft, manageable and in great condition. If you would like to see my review on the Hask Argan Oil you can find my review here.


Heat Protection Sprays

GHD Style Heat Protect Spray*

The great thing about hair has to be the many different ways in which it can be styled. But style often means adding intense heat to our hair and its so important to use a good heat protecting spray before using any styling tools. The GHD Style Protect Spray definitely has to be the best one I've tried and does a fantastic job at protecting your hair from the heat. I love the smell of this one, it has that classic salon smell to it. I also love how lightweight it is and how it distributes so evenly into your hair.

Toni & Guy Heat Protection Mist

As the GHD Style spray is a little more on the expensive side, I love to have a great alternative that I can use and the Heat Protection Mist from Toni & Guy is also a favourite of mine. It does a great job at protecting your hair from any heat and I love the way you dispense the product from the bottle. It coats all of your hair in a matter of sprays and as its a mist its not too heavy on your hair and doesn't have that horrible sticky feeling that other heat protecting sprays can have.



So that's all the products that I use in my current haircare routine ladies. As you can probably tell I like to alternate the products I use on a weekly basis as I find that my hair becomes to used to products too quickly and I stop seeing the benefits. Switching products up is a great way for you to start seeing results in your hair and you start getting more if an idea on which products work best in your hair.

Right now my hair is currently in the best condition its ever been and seams be growing pretty quickly. About a year ago I decided that I wanted to grow my hair out and get it really long, however when I decided this it was in awful condition. I had the worst split ends and if you could see the frizz and damage to my hair you would have been shocked. Reluctantly I decided to get a few inches taken off my locks this summer and really focused and concentrated on looking after my hair. As a result my hairs grown so quickly and because I've been looking it, my hair has stayed in pretty good condition considering its length. If you are wanting to see massive changes think about what condition your hair is in now, if its in a bad way try getting a trim then concentrate on really looking after it - I promise you that you will see amazing results.

Another tip for keeping your locks in great condition is to not over-do it when it comes to styling your hair with any heated tools. Where possible I try to let my hair dry naturally and only use styling tools when needed. I always try to avoid heat on second or third day hair and the best way to do this is by popping your hair in a top knot or cute little fishtail braid. I know it can be really difficult to stay away from the straightners, but it can be done and if your looking for a little inspiration you can check out the 'no heat in my hair challenge' post here.

I would love to know that your haircare routine is ladies and if you have any great tips on keeping your hair healthy I would love it if you could share your secrets in the comments below.

Lot's of Love



Share:

5 comments

  1. I love the Argan oils they are so luxurious I always use macadamia also keep your hair so shiny and soft :) great routine I recently invested in some GHDS so might just get the heat protector also ;D x

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW + Macadamia Oil Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those products look fab! I've been loving my Hask Macadamia Oil as well :)
    It makes my hair so soft 'n' silky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still really want to try Macadamia :) Keen to try that Tresemme range too as I've looked at it before and wondered what it is like.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair. Is their color natural or you have used some hair care product for it?
    Hair care

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Peruvian Hair

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig