Monday 26 January 2015

Cocoa Brown Gradual Bronze || Review



You guys know by now that I love moisturisers, body butters - you name it! I'm also the kind of girl who loves to keep beautifully bronzed and am some what of a tanaholic! So when theres a product that combines moisturiser and tanning in one you know I've probably got a few stashed away on my skincare shelf. As much as I love doing a full intense weekly tan, sometimes it's just not piratical and these magical moisturisers that give you a golden glow at the same time are perfect for those busy weeks and for those of you who just sometimes don't have the time to tan. 

I've always used a gradual moisturiser and to be honest I didn't think that there would ever be a product that rivalled or would be better than my beloved Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronzer, that was until I got my beauty mitts on the Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze. Before I get into detail as to why this gradual tanner is so amazing, I would just like to say I am in love with this product and it is the BEST gradual tanner I've tried by far - And that is quite the statement coming from me. 

The most important thing about a gradual tanner has to be the colour pay out and the Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze gives you such a gorgeous bronzed glow that looks really natural. With any gradual tan, I'll always apply at night time before bed as I love seeing the results the next morning and am able to wash any fake tan after smell off in the shower. After the first application of the Gentle Bronze, I was so impressed - My the tan had developed over night, but the colour was really subtle,  non streaky and looked as though I has spent a few hours in the sun the day before. Just one application would be perfect for those of you who worry about those fake tans that develop too dark or orangey - I would describe the colour as pretty light, but I just loved the tones to this tan, as I mentioned it was very natural looking - It made my rather dull winter skin look incredibly healthy.

After the third application on the Gentle Bronze I really was blown away as the light to medium coverage had developed into a more darker tan; It was like I had just done a full fake tan the night before, the colour was that good. I was so impressed at how golden my skin looked when using this and the best bit was that the application was so easy and fuss free. 

The moisturising part to this tanner really makes the tanning process an enjoyable one, the lotion is so buttery, feels lovely on your skin and does't have any nasty fake tan smells. The only time you get a whiff of that tanning smell is when the lotion starts to develop, and like I mentioned I'm usually asleep at this point, so no problems there. The moisturiser actually smells lovely, so you could easily get away with applying this first thing in the morning and let your tan develop though out the day.

As you can see from the picture the lotion does look pretty dark, which is so different to the other gradual tanning lotions I've previously used. For those non-tanners, don't be put off by its colour; As soon as you work the lotion into your skin no immediate colour is left behind - But you are left with a slight shimmer on your skin for a while, which just makes your skin look lovely. One great thing about this tan, is that it doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky and you don't have any of those awkward moments standing in your bathroom naked waiting for your tan to try - Your free to pretty much pop your clothes on straight after without the fear of any streaking.

Overall I love this product, I can't recommend it enough - Also how cute and girly is the packaging? I would love to know your thoughts on this gradual tan and if you've tried any of the other products from the Cocoa Brown Range.

Lots of Love



Share:

2 comments

  1. Definitely going to take a look at this! X

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely tan! I love Cocoa Brown's packaging!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig