Monday 2 February 2015

January Favourites


I don't know about anyone else but I love the January favourites posts that crop up on everyones blogs, usually because throughout Jan were all trying and testing out the beauty products that we all got for Christmas - So normally there are some good finds and it's pretty fun to see the mini reviews of the makeup items that have been on our wish lists for ages. Last month I was loving loads of the new beauty bits that I received and everything featured in this post is a new favourite of mine. 


Mac Velvet Teddy

This lipstick has been on mine and every other beauty bloggers wish list for the longest of time. For months I would keep checking the Mac website alongside all the other beauty sites to see if it was back in stock, with no such luck. Until the other week that is. It was during one of the midweek beauty blogger chats and I was told that Mac had it back in stock! I wasted no time in heading over to the Mac site, popped one in my basket and ordered it right away. It arrived a few days later, and no joke its all I've worn since. I am in love with Velvet Teddy and I can totally see what all the fuss is about. It's such a gorgeous shade and looks great on. We all know that this is the lipstick Kylie Jenner uses, and I can totally see why - Paired with the right lipliner this lipstick creates that beautiful natural and fuller looking lip. I love it and have become a little obsessed with it.

Makeup Revolution Live For Today

At the beginning of the month Makeup Revolutions I Heart Makeup lipstick in the shade 'Live For Today' was the colour I was constantly wearing. Why? Because I found it to be a rather close dupe for Velvet Teddy. You see I was not exaggerating when I said just how much I wanted that lipstick in my life. At only £2.99 'Live For Today' is such a perfect dupe. It is a little bit warmer and darker in shade and it does have a slight shimmer, but with a little powder dusted over the top of your lips, you can achieve the perfect Kylie Jenner lip. If you would like to see how this looks on, head over to my post 'Nude Lips' post here.


No7 Precision Lipliner Blush

I don't think it's possible that the 'nineties' lip would work as well as it does without the use of a lip liner. During my lunch time break I accidentally stumbled into Boots - As you do! And in the clearance section found the No7 Precision Lipliner in Blush. Perfectly sealed I couldn't see why it was on the shelf, selling for only a £1.00? Especially as Boot's still sell it at full price. At that price it would have been rude to not buy one, and more so because it's the lipliner shade I had been looking for! Mac's Soar is another one of those products that have been on my wish list for sometime, and I thought that this lipliner looked pretty similar and would make a good dupe. The lipliner is this really pretty dusty pink shade that works perfectly with all the nude lipstick I've been wearing. I find that the pink tones in this liner just makes my lips look fuller and a little less washed out when I apply my favourite nudes. Not only is the colour amazing, but its really long lasting, has great wear and feels really creamy on your lips. It's amazing.


Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner

Smashbox are quickly on their way to becoming one of my favourite high end brands. I keep being drawn to their products and each time I try one, I've never been disappointed. I received the Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner in one of the beauty gift sets I received for Christmas, and I've pretty much used it every day since and LOVE it. Firstly I love this liner so much (and the clue here is really in the name) this eyeliner sharpens it's self, which is amazing. Every time you twist the cap off, it sharpens the liner, always leaving a nice tip which is great for lining your peepers perfectly. Not only is application great, but the intensity of this liner is perfect to create a dramatic smokey eye, it also blends beautifully and stays put until you try and scrub it off at the end of the day. With it being waterproof, removing it can be a little tricky, but I love the way this looks, so it's well worth it.


Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

You guys must know just how much I love and adore the original Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - I swear by it, but for Christmas I received some little samples of the other primers Smashbox have to offer and have fallen in love with the hydrating one. Out of all the primers in the world, this is the one that I would never purchase myself and would probably avoid, just because my skin can be a little prone to oiliness, especially around my t-zone. However I thought seeing as it was in my collection, I'd give it ago and see how well it worked on my skin. Turns out I love it and it totally surprised me. I won't go into too much detail as I have a full review coming up on this very soon - But I loved the way that this hydrated my skin instantly and it still worked brilliantly at keeping my makeup in place all day.


Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze

To help myself feel a little bit better about the colder weather, I've started tanning regularly again. I'm determined to have not let those January blues get the better of me, and as they say, life is better with a tan. Not wanting to go all out and doing that long and intense process of tanning once a week, I've been using the Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze to slowly build up my tan. This is the best gradual tanner that I've used by far and I love the colour that this moisturiser develops into. I reviewed this on my blog earlier this week, so if you want to find out why I love it so much you can read my review here.

So thats everything that made it's way into my favourites this month, I would love to know what products you've been loving? Also I'm planning on scheduling my posts a little bit more on my blog because as of late I think my blog posts have been a bit here there and everywhere. I'm thinking of posting three times a week - On a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So be sure to check back on Wednesday for the next instalment on Miss Sunshine & Sparkle.

Lots of Love




Share:

10 comments

  1. I love the look of the nude lipsticks, especially Velvet Teddy but I know for a fact they wouldn't suit my skin tone :( sad face!!
    x x | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your favourites, Velvet Teddy is such a gorgeous lipstick, I love how wearable it is :) The No7 lip liner looks lush, and such a bargain! I love looking through their reduced section now as you can find some really great gems :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to give in to the Velvet Teddy hype but I'm not sure I can pull of the whole nineties lip! I think
    I'll try and pick up the dupe you've recommended instead, thanks! x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really want to try out the smashbox primers. The brand is doing the right thing by having different types serving different types of skin. Personally I would pick up the hydrating one like you did as my skin tends to have some dry patches which makes foundation application a nightmare ♥

    Ying | * Y i n g c b e a u t y *

    X x X x X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Velvet Teddy is such a gorgeous colour. and the smashbox primer looks so tempting.

    Chinella. http://lalachicuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't managed to get my hands on velvet teddy but I've gone for a rimmel dupe!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lipsticks and the lip liner you chose, beautiful colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Velvet Teddy looks soooo gorgeous!

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to try the Smashbox primer, so I think will have to invest in that and velvet Teddy by MAC, as I keep reading how amazing that lipstick is! :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Smashbox primer - it creates a great base. Lots of people are raving about Velvet Teddy at the moment but that looks like a great dupe! xo

    Jenny | That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig