Thursday 19 March 2015

A Day At The Races With EtailPR

Cheltenham Day Races, Colour Me March

If your reading my blog, then theres probably a strong chance that you have a love for all things fashion and beauty (just a guess there) and I'm pretty sure many of you will have heard about etialPR generously inviting a load of us bloggers to Ladies Day at the Cheltenham Festival. Whilst the festival for this year maybe over, I am still well and truly buzzing about the days events and couldn't wait to share it with you all.

Firstly I would like to say a huge thank you to etailPR, I honestly had the best time EVER and it's become the highlight of the year so far. This was my first time attending Cheltenham Races, and since attending Ascot for the first time last year, I've developed a love for the the races. There was such a buzz at Cheltenham and the general atmosphere was great, which only added to the day.

The theme for Ladies Day this year was #ColourMeMarch, the perfect opportunity for us ladies to dress up in bright beautiful colours and to really make a statement with our outfits. It was great seeing  such stunning dresses, wonderful fascinators and of course there were hats galore - Everyone looked amazing, even the gents dressed to impress.

For me it was an extremely early start to the day. My friend and I left the train station at half 8 and arrived in Cheltenham around midday. From the train station we headed down to etail HQ where we were greeted with Prosecco and the friendly etail team. We collected our tickets and headed down to the races. Like I mentioned the atmosphere was great, and if your a fashion enthusiast like myself, you would have enjoyed the people watching. So many ladies were wearing beautiful outfits and as it was #ColourMeMarch the whole place felt very bright and cheerful.

Now the exciting bit of the day has to be the actual racing. I'm not one for gambling, but you can't go to the races and not put down a little bet. I have to say I was pretty clueless as to which horse I should back. But with a little help from James texting me tips I managed to get lucky more than once. My biggest win had to be Dodging Bullets, and I saw a £15.00 return on my £4.00 bet - Just as well, because a bottle of wine was £30.00 each. So with our combined winnings my friend and I managed to treat ourselves to a few expensive bottles.

Overall I had such a brilliant day. The combination of dressing up, racing, meeting other bloggers and  the etailPR Team all added to the day, and I left the races on a high. I honestly can't thank etial enough for sending me. I enjoyed it so much that I'm already in the process of planning my trip next year.

If you where one of the lucky bloggers who went to Cheltenham this year, or are a fan of the festival, let me know in the comments below? Did you win any bets?

Lots of Love


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig