Wednesday 6 May 2015

L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte Foundation || Review

L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte Foundation
L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte Foundation
L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte Foundation

I don't know if I'm a little late to the party here, but today I would like to talk to you all about my current favourite foundation - The new L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte. I didn't even know this foundation existed until I saw it on offer a few weeks ago at Boots and picked one up. Since then I've seen it pop up on loads of beauty blogs and it seems that I'm not the only one who's loving this new high street favourite. 

For those of you who have been reading my blog for sometime may know what when it comes to foundation I like something a bit heavy duty and one thats going to work with my combination skin, not work against it. So when I saw that L'Oreal had released the Infallible foundation in a matte formula I knew I had to try it. 

First of all let me start with the packaging - I love it. Normally I think foundations look a lot more fancy when they come packaged in glass, even though glass bottles have many downsides. This plastic tubing with its black design looks very sleek and is so makeup bag friendly. What I really love about it is that it's so easy to dispense the foundation, just simply squeeze the bottle and just the right amount comes out. It has quite a small nozzle so your in total control of just how much foundation comes out, which means no waste. Again the plastic tube means you can get every last drop of foundation out.

Now for the actual foundation itself, I think it has to shoot straight up there with some of the best mattifying foundations that I've tried. Usually matte foundations that give a full coverage flawless look can feel pretty heavy and cakey. However the Infallible 24H Matte is incredibly lightweight for such full coverage foundation. It actually gives that 'skin' like look, which can be so hard to find in a matte foundation. The foundation is really silky and once blended in your skin looks flawless. A downside is that it can take a little longer to blend in. I actually find it works best applied with my fingers. If you don't mind blending for a little longer, I promise you the results are brilliant.

As for staying power, again I'm pretty impressed. I've not tried this foundation without a powder as I don't dare leave the house without it. But with powder this foundation is long lasting and does a great job at keeping any oily skin that's trying to seep through well at bay. As the 24H on the packaging suggests, L'Oreal say that this will provide 24 hour coverage, but towards the end of the my working day I do find that my makeup does need those essential touch ups - Nothing major though.

L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte Foundation
L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte Foundation

Another huge plus about this foundation has to be the price. I did pick this up whilst it was on offer, but it retails for £6.99 at Boots, which is such a bargain. I kind of wish that I had picked up the matching primer to go with this to see how well the two worked hand in hand. I might pick one up and do an updated review for you all. 

Overall I love this foundation and once its ran out I will definitely be repurchasing. I would love to know what your thoughts are on this foundation are? Do you think its worth they hype? Let me know in the comments below.

Lots of Love

Share:

8 comments

  1. I've read mixed results about this foundation but I really want to try it, from what I've seen, it looks like reasonably good coverage.

    Jenny | That Northern Gal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this one yet, but I don't wear foundation too often. This one sounds nice though and I like how it's affordable.

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the third rave review I've read this morning on this foundation which confirms that I totally need it in my life! I have combination skin but I love a matte finish as I just think it looks so flawless... fingers crossed this one's for me too :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this foundation but it's great to know you were impressed by it, especially with the price! So cheap!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally love this foundation BUT it's too dark for me even in the lightest shade, L'Oreal sort it out!

    Kathryn /Cherries in the Snow

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this foundation! I think the L'Oreal foundations are really amazing and match my skin nicely. I love the packing too! Great review.x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never actually tried this as I always find these foundations to orange based on my pale complexion but going by your swatch this looks incredible! Will have to try this xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig