Thursday 10 December 2015

Blogmas Day 10 - Makeup Revolution Aqua Priming Base

Base, Dewy Skin, Foundation, makeup, Makeup Revolution Aqua Priming Base, Primer, Smashbox,
Base, Dewy Skin, Foundation, makeup, Makeup Revolution Aqua Priming Base, Primer, Smashbox,

When it comes to primers I was always a little bit skeptical about them and questioned myself so many times if they were worth the hype or not. I had spent my money on a few cheap ones and to be honest I wasn't convinced as I didn’t see much difference and just thought thats another layer of makeup to slip off my skin at the end of the day. Fast forward a year or so and you’ll find that now I never apply my makeup without using one first. The reason for this is because I came across the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and was completely blown away by just how good it was and the difference it made. I think Smashbox primers will always be my favourite as I swear by them, but over the last few weeks I’ve been using another primer along with my Smashbox one that I love the results that gives.

Now the first thing you may be thinking is that it is a little extreme to be wearing two primers at once, but hear me out as I promise you it works. A few weeks ago I came across the Makeup Revolution Aqua Priming Base, which is a primer that comes in spray form that you just spritz all over your face. Whilst this Primer Water can be used on its own, I prefer to use it along side my trusty Smashbox Primer as I find that they both do different things.

The reason why I love the Makeup Revolution Aqua Priming Base so much is that it really adds a touch of radiance to my skin. I have really oily skin, so to combat it I always use a foundation that has a mattifying effect. Whilst this is great as it stops my makeup from falling off mid day, it also means that I can never go for that dewy skin look or use any makeup products that give me one as they just don't work with my skin type. This is where the Water Primer changes things as I find once I’ve applied my foundation over the top of this, my skin almost has a glow to it that certainly wasn't there before.

Base, Dewy Skin, Foundation, makeup, Makeup Revolution Aqua Priming Base, Primer, Smashbox,

I don’t have full on dewy skin, but I have to say my skin does look brighter and feels a lot more illuminated every time I use this which is so amazing. I’ve not tried this primer just on its own, so I don’t know how well it sets my makeup in place, as I always rely on my Smashbox primer to do that for me. However I do find that my foundation feels so smooth and bends effortlessly into my skin once I’ve given my face a few spritz. 

This primer is also great for those mornings where I feel extra tried, which at the moment is a lot (pregnancy problems) and find this water based product so refreshing and its that perfect morning pick me up. A few sprays and my skin looks a lot less sleepy. The scent it also really refreshing and doesn't interfere in any way with my sensitive skin. 

Sometimes I like to add a bit more glow to my skin and spray this on my face once my full face of makeup is completed. I know this sounds crazy, but it doesn't make my makeup run and just seems to finish off my makeup look beautifully.

I would really recommend picking up one of these bottles from Makeup Revolution, you can pick one up from their website here. Let me know if you’ve tried any water based primers like this one. Do you think they're as good as this one from Makeup Revolution? Let me know in the comments.

Lots of Love



Share:

2 comments

  1. my face is oily too, i NEED this. Thanks for sharing, I never would have thought of priming water otherwise! :D
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This primer is also great for those mornings where I feel extra tried, which at the moment is a lot (pregnancy problems) and find this water based product so refreshing and its that perfect morning pick me up. A few sprays and my skin looks a lot less sleepy. The scent it also really refreshing and doesn't interfere in any way with my sensitive skin.
    salwar suits wholesaler ,
    wholesale salwar kameez ,

    ReplyDelete

© Miss Sunshine and Sparkle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig